Super Strong Rare Earth Magnets Multi-Packs come in your choice of three sizes, perfect for a variety of geocaching uses:
1/4″ x 1/6″ 10 count–These little beauties are perfect for use in our Tiny Tammy, Little Jan, or MiniThin containers! You will receive 10 super strong magnets, each is approx. 1/4″ around and 1/16″ thick.
3/8″ x 1/16″ 5 count–You will receive 5 super strong magnets, each is approx. 3/8″ around and 1/16″ thick.
1/2″ x 1/16″ 4 count–You will receive 4 super strong magnets, each is approx. 1/2″ around and 1/16″ thick.
Variety Pack of 2 of each size (2 ct 1/4″, 2 ct 3/8″, 2 ct 1/2″)
Please read the safety information below. By adding this product to your cart and completing purchase, you are acknowledging that you have read the disclaimer below.
Important Safety Warning! The following information was provided to us by our supplier. Read Before You Order and Use the Magnets:
Disclaimer: GeocacheHides LLC neither assumes nor accepts any liability for damages resulting from the handling or use of magnets. With your purchase you, the buyer, confirms that you have read and understood the following warnings, the buyer agrees that they are responsible for all damages and injuries caused by the magnets, which include personal injuries , property damages and magnet damages.
Neodymium magnets are very strong. Handling them with care is necessary to prevent personal injuries, property damages and magnet damages.
Neodymium magnets are brittle; they can be broken or can splinter in a collision. One should wear gloves and protective glasses when handling these magnets, because splinters and/or spacers could disengage and fly from the magnets.
Normal Neodymium magnets will lose their magnetic properties if heated above 175°F (80° C). The strong magnetic fields of neodymium magnets can damage items such as television, computer monitors, credit cards, bank cards, computers, diskettes and other data carriers, video tapes, mechanical watches, hearing aids, loud speakers and VCRs. Pace-makers may be damaged or switch to “Test Mode” in the presence of a strong magnetic force, if a pace-maker is in use, keep a minimum of 3 feet distance.
You should avoid having constant contact with magnets of any size and keep a distance of at least 3 feet to large magnets.
Children should not be allowed to handle neodymium magnets as they can be dangerous. Small magnets pose a choking hazard and should never be swallowed or inserted into any part of the body.
Under no circumstances should you try to cut, saw or drill the Neodymium magnets! Not only would the magnet break, but the resulting dust from the magnet is very flammable. Neodymium magnets should never be burned, as burning them will create toxic fumes.
Ferrofluid MSDS Information:
Magnetite: 3-15 % by volume
Oil Soluble Dispersant: 6-30 % by volume
Carrier Liquid: 55-91 % by volume
CHEMICAL AND PHYSICAL PROPERTIES
Boiling Point (°F): 401-491
Specific Gravity: 0.92 to 1.47
Vapor Pressure (mm Hg.): 1 at 100°F
Percent Volatile by Volume: 55-91 %
Vapor Density (AIR = 1): 6.4
Solubility in Water: Negligible
Evaporation Rate at: less than 0.1
Appearance and Odor: Black liquid, Mild odor
FIRE AND EXPLOSION HAZARD AREA
Flash Point (°F): 160°
Flammable Limits: uel: 0.6 lel : 7.0 at 77°F
Extinguishing Media: Co2, Foam, dry chemical, water spray.
Special Fire Fighting Procedure: Avoid smoke inhalation. Water spray may cause frothing.
Unusual Fire and Explosion Hazard: None
HEALTH HAZARD AREA
Threshold Limit Value: 5mg/m3 for oil mist in air (OSHA Regulations 29 CFR 1910-1000)
Effects of Overexposure: No experience with overexposure.
Prolonged or repeated contact with skin or eye contact may cause irritation.
Inhalation of mist or vapor at high temperature may irritate respiratory passages.
Emergency and First Aid Procedures:
Skin Contact: Wash with soap and water.
Eyes: Flush with water and consult a physician for treatment.
Inhalation of Smoke or Mist: Move to fresh air and refer to physician for treatment.
Ingestion: The material has minimal toxicity, but fluid aspirated into the lungs during ingestion could cause severe pulmonary injury.
You should not induce vomiting and should seek medical attention if the material is ingested.
Gloves should be worn while working with these ferrofluids. Please refer to MSDS sheet for health and safety information. THIS ITEM SHOULD NOT BE RE-SHIPPED BY END USER
— GeocacheHides LLC Please use Contact Us link if you have any questions prior to ordering.